Sunday, December 17, 2006, 9:41:47 AM, you wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 at 17:51:25 +0000, MFPA wrote:
>> Why does simply turning off the x-mailer header resolve this?

> Because that is what these simplistic spam filters that are looking
> for TB! are searching on.

Sorry, I am trying to follow this thread but still have some problems.
Is the "culprit" the field for X-Mailer? What is the connection to
User-Agent? Do I have to use one or the other or both?
I followed the instructions and added the field for user-agent and now
my header (on one account) does show as agent "whatever" but the
x-mailer is still shown as the Bat. I thought the bad spam programs
were looking for this as a criteria? Do I have to delete the field for
X-Mailer or replace it with something else?
Sorry, this is probably very basic for everyone but me :(

--
Tom
using TheBat! 3.85.02 on XP