How weird that this topic should come up. I'm using version 3.95.6, and about
two weeks ago I began getting a 40 second delay (I can see the seconds count up
in the control center) when I send mail. The mail goes out, but there's always
a 40-second delay.

The status tells me that it connected and that it got through my ISP's
authentication process, but the delay occurs at about 6-7 seconds when the
center shows "sending message header."

The second weird thing is that I use both a a business and a personal server
from my ISP. I get no outgoing delay if I use the personal server, but I do get
the delay if I use the business server.

The third weird thing is that my partner, who sits 15 feet away from me and
uses Outlook for email but uses the same ISP, has exactly the same problem: a
40-second delay on outgoing mail from the business server but not from the
personal one.

Two different computers, two different mail programs, but the same problem.
Our ISP has been helpful but can come up with no answer. They try the same
things from outside computers (using our account settings and passwords) but do
not get the same delay. We've tried telnetting to the mail servers (both
business and personal) and get no delay at all with the personal server but a
3-5 second delay (insignificant, they say) with the business server.

It's probably not a Bat problem, so I apologize for bringing it up, but my ISP
claims it's not an ISP problem either. Just fishing for answers anywhere I can.

Thanks for listening.

--
Mike