Hello Roelof,

Saturday, August 4, 2007, 8:50:39 PM, you wrote:

RO> Hallo Gene,

RO> On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 16:18:53 -0400GMT (4-8-2007, 22:18 +0200, where I
RO> live), you wrote:

G>> I'm beginning to notice this sort of behavior, too. I am finding
G>> filters, that have been successful for a long time, that just seem to
G>> stop working.

RO> That would be odd. Never happens to me.

G>> I believe I have narrowed down the cause to the following conditions:
G>> a) the order in which the filters are called, and/or
G>> b) whether or not the "Continue processing with other filters" is checked.

RO> The order of the filters is important. Every message is compared to
RO> the filter conditions in the order of the filters in the sorting
RO> office. TB starts with matching the common filters and after that it
RO> continues with the account filters.
RO> As soon as TB has a match the comparing is stopped and the filter is
RO> executed.
RO> There are two cases TB will continue matching filters:
RO> 1) The triggered filter has subfilters, in this case TB will match the
RO> message against the subfilters

OK.... uh, then, if one (of several) of the subfilters is matched, is
the comparing stopped with the first matching subfilter or does it
test *all* subfilters.

Once a subfilter is matched, is *all* matching stopped... and we move
on to the next message?

It is beginning to look like I am 'improving' one subfilter and
screwing up my anticipated order of business....

RO> 2) The triggered filter has the option 'continue processing with
RO> other filters' set, in this case the triggered filter will be
RO> executed, but the matching will be continued like no match has been
RO> found.

G>> Could the behavior of either item have changed with one of the latest
G>> versions of The Bat!?

RO> Both the filter order and the 'continue processing...' option have
RO> been the same since forever.

 Gene                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000763-5, 08/05/2007
Tested on: 8/5/2007 2:33:53 PM