Hello Everyone,

previously I did not change the default setting for attachments within
TB. However, I am now thinking that I would prefer to save all
attachments to a central location on my harddrive (ie outside of the
TB) hoping that this will reduce the file size within TB.

I read through the Help file and changed the setting. However with my
test email I noticed that while the attachment was indeed saved
elsewhere, the email still showed the attachment (as existing and
picture). Is this normal and perhaps my misunderstanding? I assumed I
might only have a txt reference to the split attachment with TB /
preview pane but the info is complete. Is the file size saved actually
smaller now or do I have the attachment saved within TB and in my
external directory now and need to do something else?

Tom
using TheBat! 3.99.3 on XP