Msg-Ref: 128518          25-Jan-08 (Fri)         20:51 Hrs (+0530 GMT)

Dear Bat'es,

I am new to IMAP. today i configured it to work on this email id of
mine by creating a new account and it works perfectly. messages appear
in split seconds once it reaches the server. this will assist our
company to be more faster in attending to important messages which
requires prompt attention and action instead of setting up auto-check
for every 5-10 minutes or so on POP mode.

once the server is cleared, messages disappear since no messages are
stored in the server. i guess this is what IMAP is supposed to do.

can you kindly assist me to do the following?

1. how can i keep all the incoming messages fully downloaded and saved
   to my IN box (like POP where once downloaded it is saved in the IN
   box). at moment, i can view the entire message, so i guess that the
   full view is ticked instead of just downloading headers? i am
   clueless, sorry about it.

   for your information, messages that has been exchanged for the last
   5 months are always stored in the computer by a separate In and
   SENT folders created under another main folder (X). the main IN/SENT
   boxes are always cleared at the end of the day where same is
   transferred to the IN/SENT folders located in X folder.

2. in POP mode, ctrl+shift+F2 gives the despatcher to delete, download
   mail etc, from the server. in IMAP how is this done? how can one
   delete the mail from the server? ctrl+shift+F2 does not work for
   IMAP?

3. i have abt 25 filters activated to ease up and check PRIORITY
   messages. i did some test messages with filtering conditions, but
   when mail appears in the IN box, it is not filtered since i guess
   that the mail is only a copy appearing as it is on the server and
   that the mail itself is not downloaded. how can i get around this
   situation?

4. finally, can i convert my POP account to IMAP or do i have to
   create a new account and go over again on the settings? any sort
   cuts?

thanks every one before hand, for assisting me in this respect.

--
best regards to all
rizvi