Hallo Doug,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 09:26:07 +0000GMT (8-2-2008, 10:26 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

DH> The folder settings for Beta are set to Max stored messages = 300, and I
even tried
DH> max keep messages = 30 days. But nothing will get rid of them if they are
unread. For
DH> my Gmail account, I have checked the box that says "Purge unread messages"

Unfortunately you can't set 'purge unread messages' for common
folders, it's not in their 'account properties'.
The settings of the original account have no meaning for the common
folder, as the messages aren't associated anymore with that account.

No bug, though you could consider it an oversight.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

The only difference between lawyers and vultures is removable wingtips
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 4.0.7
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
3 pop3 accounts
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM