Follow up on this. I have mine laid out with full height folder column
on left, then on right the message list above and msg view below.

What I can't figure out how to do (if it is possible) is to keep the
window split on the right side DIFFERENT for different folders. Why?

On most folders I want the split to show me a few msgs in the list at
top, and then most space taken up with the window with below
containing the message.

But for my spam folder, I want almost the entire right area taken up
with the list, and a very small message window. Why? I sort spam by
subject, and then very quickly delete it. That way I can quickly skim,
and on occasion (not often, I've got the filter very well trained)
find something that isn't spam. I can go through the thousand or more
spams a day in a couple minutes.

But then I have to resize when go back to any other folder.

Not a major problem, but one of those nagging irritants.

dan

--
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID