Hello Tbudl,

  As you can see I have now 14, soon 15 email POP addresses. They are really
there so the user can send me an e-mail from various web sites, so they see a
different identity, but as you can probably guess they all finish up for me to
deal with.

The problem is now I have so many (13,000+ after pruning) I can never remember
which mail box I am using for what types of messages, so each time I want to
find anything I have to use Message Finder (F7) and search all folders. Of
course Message Finder does not show you which folder it found the particular
message in once I scroll through 100s of them looking for the one I want. Now I
am spending more time trying to find things I know are there, than any other
computer activity. Maybe there is some way to display the folder it is in when
searching but I could not see it under view or anywhere else.

Can this knowledgeable group please suggest concrete steps to take to resolve
this unholy mess? I asked a while ago for a tutorial and someone suggested the
help pages, but what I want is a systematic way to as close as possible,
automate TB message handling. I want all this e-mail to go into it's various
folders. e.g. Support Ticket Request system. I don't want to use one of these
free php trouble ticket systems, because I want everything under TB.

The main reason I went to TB in the first place was because of its ability to
handle multiple POPs, and powerful costomizability and features, and it is so
good at its job.

Ultimately my goal is to have TB handle most incoming support e-mails with
canned responses automatically, but it seems quite a task to set up apart from
just establishing some filters.

Has anyone ever considered writing a book or booklet showing a business person
how to maximize their benefit by using all these fancy tools TB has to offer?
They are so powerful but I am afraid I feel I have only scratched the surface
on getting the most out of TB. This site
http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/theBat/ says they are writing one but its not
yet ready.

Of course I got some help from: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/howdoi.html
but I am no programmer, nor do I have the time.

I really like TB and I really want to find out how to run an on-line business,
but it's pretty easy to get overwhelmed by TB's features unless you are e-mail
guru (which I am not). I tried to understand the tutorial on RegEx, and I am
trying to understand this tutorial from Silverstones.com.

It would behoove me to solicit commercial assistance from this group, but I
really want to work towards setting up a mailing campaign (not SPAMming), which
will allow my fledgling company to grow.

Upon googling for TB forums I come back to these same groups. Can someone
please point me to other TB discussion groups etc.

Cheers!

--

Michael J. Sharp
B. Bus. (Marketing), C.N.E.

Using the world's best e-mail client: The Bat! Pro v4.0.20.2
14 POP accounts and OFTE disabled
AntispamSniper Professional v2.7.1.7
OS: Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600 Service Pack 2
Psst! We are using the fastest browser on the planet: Opera v9.2.7
Virus and Antispyware: VIPRE 3.1.2068 (Beta)
Firewall: Sunbelt SPF v4.5.916.0
See www.technismart.com

General Inquiries: Tel : 581-5151 - Int'l +599 581-5151
Tel : (Local French Side) 06.90.10.02.95  -  Int'l: +590690100295