Hello Thomas,

TF> Hello Jack,

TF> I realise that Roelof has already replied, but I would do it
TF> completely differently from what he suggests and have also gone
TF> through the steps recently, moving TB! to a new computer:

TF> 1.) Make a full backup of TB! using the internal backup function.
TF> Click all options under Tools / Backup.
 --------------------- snip ---------------------

 Many thanks Thomas. Your suggestion seemed *slightly* easier (simpler
 to my addled brain) compared to Roelof's so I tried it your way.
 Everything seemed to work ok except apparently the backup doesn't
 copy the address books. Strange. I had to go back into the old
 machine to find and copy them separately. I then transferred them to
 the new machine without any problems. My wife is not as picky about
 how TB! operates as am I so she isn't bothered by stuff that would
 annoy the hell out of me. I may take Roelof's suggestion to upgrade
 to v4 on her machine however.

 In retrospect, Dan's suggestion might have worked better had I looked
 at it closer. In any case, she's up and running and that's all she
 cares about.

 I did find a problem(?) with transferring K9 over to her machine.
 Everything transferred ok including a separate copy of K9's large
 storage of emails but I never could get K9 to recognize that those
 emails were there. It just means that she'll have to re-educate K9
 all over again but since neither of us has been receiving spam to the
 degree we were when I installed K9, it shouldn't be a problem.

 So, alls well that ends well. Thanks to all that helped in this
 endeavor.

 Jack                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now running TB! v3.99.3 from
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 - Service Pack 3