Hello Tom,

T> Sorry, you are right, my quoting these addresses was incorrect. The address
T> appears as follows:

T> _Paul XYZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
T> Paul-XYZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

T> I think there was a third version but I cannot find it quickly. The
T> email address is the same but the way it is being presented prior to
T> the <xxx> is different (probably due to the way it is being set up in
T> Paul's email program and this seems to cause my little issue here.
T> Hope this makes it clearer

Unless I'm missing something, which is quite frequently the case, it
looks like you're trying to prevent your replies from including the
dashes or underscores in the reply salutation. If I've guessed
correctly, it looks like this is a job for a properly constructed
RegExp which would automagically trim those characters from your reply
salutation. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no knowledge on how to
construct/use RegExps but there are others on this amazing list who
do.

The only reason I can think of for why someone would include odd
characters in their name is that they might be trying to track the
origins of subsequent spam.

Hope I haven't clouded the issue any further.

 Jack                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now running TB! v3.99.3 from
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 - Service Pack 3