Hello Chrille,

Saturday, October 11, 2008, 11:36:16 AM, you wrote:

>  I use POP. And all I've done is to follow the settings I got from Gmail
> that can be found  here:
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=32231

> I've had those settings since July, and haven't changed anything since then.
> But now it just won't work.

Well I have a slightly different setup and it works fine. You could try it out.
The following are the differences/highlights:

1. SMTP server port is 587
2. SMTP Connection is STARTTLS instead of TLS
3. SMTP Auth settings, pop before SMTP is unchecked.
4. POP port remains 995 with TLS connection.
5. Make sure POP auth button says regular and not one of the other 4 types.

Works fine here with these settings.

 Mean