Hello tracer,

t> Hello Jack,

t> Tuesday, January 6, 2009, 12:38:05 AM, you wrote:

>> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

>> I need to be able to first examine these spam messages to make sure K9
>> didn't incorrectly flag one as spam. Having assured myself that they
>> are in fact spam, I would ordinarily delete them but *now* I would like
>> TB! to forward them automatically before deleting them from the SPAM
>> folder.

t> One question at present: are you sure this K9 does such a good job
t> that you want to use it and when deleting something route it to
t> some government office?

Seems like a good idea. The government address came from Kim Komando
(komando.com) as a place to send spam messages where, hopefully, it
will help them (the government) deal with the proliferation of spam.

t> Can you get rid of msg's flagged for spam by mistake but you
t> still don't want to see them and/or send them?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

All messages fetched from the server are automatically routed thru K9
*before* they land in my inbox. K9 adds the string "-SPAM-" to the
subject field of any message it deems to be spam. A TB filter then
routes any message flagged as such to a spam folder where I can then
view and keep or delete.

In the past I have been simply deleting correctly flagged spam
messages. If it will help reduce the amount of spam filling
everybody's inboxes by sending these spam messages to the government
address, why not? I'm not enough of a Pollyanna to believe that it will
actually have some impact on the amount of spam but, who knows?

I'm simply (or not) trying to combine the forwarding with the deleting
(one step) rather than forwarding each message before deleting (two
steps.)

 Jack                            mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Using TB! v3.99.3 with K9 v1.28 anti spam
Windows XP pro 5.1 Build 2600 - Service Pack 3