Hi

On Monday 16 February 2009 at 4:08:30 PM, in
<mid:363663844.20090216170...@thebat.net>, Chrille wrote:

> Hello!

> I use POP on 2 of my email-accounts, and for the last
> two days I'm getting this:

> !2009-02-16, 17:05:35: FETCH - Connection to host
> broken (last commands sent were: "STAT", "QUIT")

> What can this be?

I have an intermittent problem with my broadband connection that makes
that happen for one of my email accounts. It connects and sits there
trying to communicate but never displays how many messages there and
ultimately disconnects with the same log entries as you get.
Another of my email accounts gets further, telling me how many
messages there are and saying it is dowmloading the first one - it
never manages and the log entry ends with (last commands sent were:
"UIDL", "RETR 21"). The number isn't always 21 but remains constant
until the connection is working properly and I successfully download
my messages.

In my case, it is not a server problem as the servers both give up
their messages if I telnet into them. They also both work via services
like www.mail2web.com.

My ISP fell out with their wholesale provider. The ensuing fallout has
required me to phone them several times in recent weeks and receive
different temporary usernames/passwords to type into my router. For
the last 8 or 9 days I have had the issues described above. I have
found that rebooting my router and trying again repeatedly, eventually
leads to it working for the next 1-3 days.

When the issue strikes me, there is also a problem accessing certain
websites - usually they just keep "loading" for 20-25 minutes then
Firefox indicates they have loaded (when the page is still blank).

MFPA

Don't cry because it is over - smile because it happened

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600