On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:46:58 +0200, Roelof Otten
<ro...@otten.tv> wrote:

>A> Question #2:
>A> What does Auto-Format do?  Please be detailed, I don't get it.
>
>I don't know everything. ;-)
>It  doesn't  like  new  lines,  when  hit enter and continue typing it
>continues  on  the same line. To really start a new line you've got to
>start  a new paragraph: hit enter twice so you've got an empty line in
>between.
>When  you start typing in the middle of some text it keeps on wrapping
>everything correctly instead of what you experience with question 5.

Thanks for the response (thanks to everyone else also).  Now you've
hit on the issue that I really want to resolve.  Why can't the
developers add an extra option (checkbox) so that you don't have to
press <enter> twice to start a new line?  Why can't I start a new line
by pressing it once?  All it would be is a simple little option, and
it takes nothing away from the other features, it just adds to it.

When I asked for this as a support ticket, the answer I got was this:
"Hello,

I am sorry to say, but this is not a bug, it's a feature of MicroEd.
Auto-Format works that way for years and we do not intend to change
that..."

I don't quite understand why they would refuse to add an option for
this.  Like I said, it doesn't take anything away.  It just adds a
little feature to get rid of the nuisance of pressing enter twice.
Often times in an email, I have to make lists lik this:
item1
item2
item3

But I can't do it without either turning auto-format off or pressing
enter twice and then going back and deleting the extra lines.  I mean,
is it really a big deal to add that option?  i don't want to turn off
auto-format, because I want the wrapping to automatically adjust when
I go back to edit a paragraph.  It just doesn't seem reasonable to me
to take such a stubborn stance with something so simple and helpful.
It's not like I'm asking for a lot and i think it's a pretty practical
issue.  I don't feel it deserves a "That's just the way it is and
we're not going to change it" attitude.

My follow up response was this:
"But couldn't there be an additional option added where we can have
all the features of auto-format and reflowing, but also be able to
press <enter> without it skipping back to the previous line?  It
wouldn't take anything away from anything else, it would only add a
feature.  please consider it.  All it would have to be is another
checkbox like, "Allow single carriage return"."

Would anyone here support me in adding this feature?  I need some
backup.  Again, remember, nothing would change, it will just be an
additional option.