In a thread from a few days back, I was frustrated with wrapping in
the Bat and had a few questions.  The answers i recieved helped me
identify exactly what feature I would like to see added to the Bat and
MicroEd in particular.

Can we have a checkbox that will allow single-carriage returns with
auto-format enabled?

Why do I want this?  So that wrapping will work in MicroEd the way
most Windows users are used to.  I will go through the details and the
common responses that I expect from this group.

Reaction #1
"Why don't you just use the Windows editor?"
Well, I like the MicroEd because of the way it autmoatically colors
things according to your color preferences.  For example, consider
quoted text:
In Microed, if I use the right-click option to "paste as quotation",
then the pasted text will automatically be colored with whatever the
color setting for quotes is.  Also, if I remove the ">" symbol from
the beginning of a line, the text instantly goes back to the normal
color.
This is not the case with the Windows editor.  When you paste as
quotation in the Windows editor, it does not become automatically
colored.  Also, if you remove the > symbol, the color doesn't change.
So that's why I prefer Microed.  But the single line return
auto-format issue prevents me from liking it completely.
It would be nice if the Windows coloring things were automatic.  Or if
single carriage returns were allowed in Microed with auto-format
turned on.  I still don't think it would be that big of a deal to add
an option for "allow single carriage return".

Reaction #2
"Just press 'Alt-L' with auto-format turned off to fix wrapping
issues."
I understand that I can use the Alt-L shortcut.  But i shouldn't have
to.  Again, all I'm asking for is a simple option--a checkbox.  Why
should I have to press Alt-L every time I edit a paragraph, which will
happen multiple times a day.

Reaction #3
"That's just the way MicroEd has always been and we're not going to
change it."
This is actually the response I get from the developers.  I have never
recieved a response like this for feature requests for any software,
and i find it strange.  It's puzzling because I am not asking for any
features or characterisitics to be removed from Microed, just ADD a
little feature.  So all users who prefer it like it currently is will
not be affected.  I ask again and again, what is the big deal?  Why
would any of you oppose such an addition?  It makes no sens for other
users to say they don't want the feature added because IT DOESN"T
CHANGE ANYTHING.

All I want to do is to have automatic wrapping and to be able to press
the Enter key ONCE and start a new line.  I just don't understand why
the developers and users are opposed to this.