Hi

On Thursday 24 September 2009 at 3:38:09 AM, in
<mid:415846758.20090924123...@sunnysydney.com>, Tom wrote:

> I set up a filter to move incoming emails to a special
> account if sender contains xx and recipient contains y.
> This works well if the recipient is only y.  I cannot
> figure out how to set the rule so that it works even if
> the email was sent to y, z, a, b and c.

A few thoughts:-

Is "y" an email address or a name? If a name, is it stated slightly
differently in the email sent to y, z, a, b and c that does not end up
in the folder you want?

Assuming y is your address, are any of z, a, b or c yours as well?

Is it a common filter or a filter on one account?

Are the messages addressed to y, z, a, b and c coming in through an
account the filter is active on?

Does the filter have "continue processing with other filters"
selected, and if so could a filter further down the list be moving the
message addressed to y, z, a, b and c back out of the folder your
filter described above has moved it to?

Does it make any difference if you change the order of the filter
conditions? ("recipient contains y and sender contains xx" instead of
"sender contains xx and recipient contains y")

--
Best regards

MFPA

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600