A Bat-fellow, Roger Phillips,
wrote in <mid:1856529699.20091005113...@dbnmail.co.za>
on Monday, 5th October 2009 at 11:31:02 (GMT +0200),
which was ditto in Bratislava --

>> * I can no longer edit keyboard shortcuts. If I attempt to do so and
>> confirm the change, the window immediately disappears and the change
>> is NOT saved. All shortcuts appear to be frozen from the 4.0.38 status.

> This  has  already  been  reported  as  a bug.  Hopefully it will have been
> corrected in the next beta.

It *is* corrected, thank heavens. Thanks to the help from the guys in
the Czech Bat! list, I was given the suggestion to try the latest Beta
version, 4.2.10.12, and keyboard shortcuts editing works again. Hooray!

However, as to smileys, these still aren't displayed, despite identical
settings & the presence of the IMAGES folder, as compared to version
3.xx, which is the last time I ever saw smileys displayed here. (Admittedly,
a cosmetic issue compared to the keyboard shortcuts.)

--
Yours,
Alex. of Slovakia

[flying with The Bat! 4.2.10.12