Hello PJ,

> I have started using GMail so as to get my mail onto my iphone easily.
> I love the labels approach rather than having copies in folders.  I also

 While not directly Gmail related, I'd love to have true IMAP labels
 implemented in TB!, see:
 https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=6523

 No such luck, I am afraid.

> [...]
> Does anyone have any suggestions for making TB more gmail friendly. I
> really don't want to leave, but after many years, TB is making my email
> life harder, not easier.

 Nope. TB!'s IMAP support is broken beyond repair (and is unlikely to
 ever get fixed), and Gmail's IMAP implementation is sometimes quirky,
 too. However, Gmail is extremely popular and you'll see support for
 it getting better in major email clients (i.e. Thunderbird).

 Robert Tomanek             mailto:tb...@mail.robert.tomanek.org