Hello tb...@thebat.,

Monday, January 25, 2010, 1:29:46 AM, you wrote:

JK>  Test for On---
JK> On Sunday, January 24, 2010, at 4:49:03 AM, Tom wrote:

>> the normal backups are going back to my OS drive ( so the thinking is
>> that if the mail directory goes corrupt, I have backup - if the
>> OS drive goes bust, my mail directory is not affected. If both go
>> bust, at least I have the monthly backup on an external drive.

JK> That's good planning, but what protection do you have if your house burns
JK> down? A comprehensive backup plan should include off-site copies of the
JK> backup data, to provide for such disasters. Of course, should that happen,
JK> saving your mail might be the least of your worries! FWIW, I don't have
JK> off-site backups either...

Off-site backup:

If your backup of your data is not too big, then you can store extra
copies in your car, a spot near your letter box and on web sites that
offer storage (I use Humyo.com).

The backup file of The Bat is kept in my documents, so it is included
in the backup.

The documents are password protected, using an archiving program - I
use WinRAR. Also I exclude fat files like photos - these are kept
locally rather than on the net as we have slow upload here.

Flash drives are handy. CD and DVD can also help.

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v4.2.18 Christmas Edition on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3

...I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off....