Hi,

I realize it's bad form to reply to myself, and I apologize, but I
have some additional information...

On Monday, June 21, 2010, at 12:46:27 PM PST, I wrote:

> Checking and sending email both work, but first, I have to deal with
> these "Unknown CA Certificate" messages:

> http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab360/qajaq/TBUDL/TBNET-GmailPOPCertError.jpg

> http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab360/qajaq/TBUDL/TBNET-GmailSMTPCertError.jpg

> Is there a specific certificate I can download and install that will
> solve the problem? Obviously, having to click "OK" on these dialog
> boxes every time I wish to send or receive email is a major
> buzzkill. Indeed, it makes the email account pretty useless.

I'm currently testing an installation of Thunderbird v3 for a friend,
so decided to see what would happen there with this same account
installed. I did receive a certificate error, but Thunderbird gave me
the option to accept a "permanent exception" to the usual CA
certificate rule:

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab360/qajaq/TBUDL/TBNET-GmailSMTPThunderbird.jpg

If there's no other solution, is there any way to make such an
exception in The Bat's handling of this issue?

--
Melissa

PGP Public Key: http://tinyurl.com/2cmefzy

TB! v4.2.36.4 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2