Mornin' Bats!

I have the misfortune to be stuck in a motel for the next several days and am
communicating via a threadbare data cable provided by the motel.  This place is
too old to have WIFI.  Anyway, I tried to use TB! and found that I had no
trouble fetching messages but when I tried to SEND a message I got the
following response from TB!:

!10/30/2010, 21:16:48: SEND  - Server reports it is not ready, reply: "imp10
smtp.charter.net MjA5LjE1NS4xNzcuMjUy You must connect from Charter IP space.
E1110"

Anybody have any idea what this means and how I can get past it?

TIA,
Jack