OK.  Back to the notifier patch.  I am not sure if you got my last email on this
subject last night.  My mail server wasn't working properly.

When I run your example using:

java::call AppendEventQueueThread queueVwaitEvent [java::getinterp]
update

I get:

numQueued = 9
numProcessed = 9

This is the desired result because the thread sleeps 1 second, then posts an event,
then repeats.  The vwait event waits for 10 seconds.  So the thread can post a maximum
of 9 events during this 10 seconds.

Is this what you get also?

-- Jiang Wu
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]