Hi,
I cannot instantiate objects over user defined classes but can instantiate
them over standard java classes.
I have checked all the CLASSPATHS. I have verified this by specifying java
commands from the UNIX CLI. The error does NOT get generated.
I am running SS 5.0 and Tclblend version 1.2.5. I dont have Jacl downloaded.
This is the error I get.
Tcl Error During Template Preview
        unknown class "SampleClass"
            while executing
        "java::new SampleClass"
            invoked from within
        "set sampleObj [java::new SampleClass]"
            invoked from within
        "EVAL "[IF {[string match text* [SHOW CONTENT_TYPE]]} {<base
href="[SHOW baseurl]">
        }][SHOW tbody]" DEBUG
        "

This is my template..
[set tcl_library {/vignette/5.0/lib}
source [file join $tcl_library init.tcl]
source [file join $tcl_library auto.tcl]
set _TclBlendVersion [package require java]
]
[set hashObj [java::new java.util.Hashtable];
# if I exclude the following line the code works fine..
set sampleObj [java::new SampleClass]
NULL]
[
$hashObj put "var1" "abc1" ;
$hashObj put "var2" "abc2";
NULL]
[[$hashObj get "var1"] toString]<br>
[[$hashObj get "var2"] toString]
[#set java_version [java:call System getProperty "java.version"]]

My admin script looks like..
#!/bin/sh
VGNCMD_CALLER=admin
VGN_COMPONENT=cds
CONFNUM=firscodev10
CDSID=cds-dev90
export ORACLE_HOME RCNAME
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/vignette/5.0/lib/solaris:/vignette/5.0/lib:/vignette/5.0/ja
va/l
ib/sparc:/vignette/5.0/java/lib/sparc/classic:/vignette/5.0/java/lib/sparc/n
ativ
e_threads

PATH=/usr/bin

CLASSPATH=/vignette/APPS/COM/Firsco/DigitalLibrary:/vignette/APPS/com/sybase

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH CLASSPATH CONFNUM CDSID VGNCMD_CALLER
VGN_COMPONENT

RCNAME=StoryServer2
ADMIN_FILE=/vignette/5.0/bin/solaris/vgncmd

# Assume it fails
RESULTS=1

My user defined classes are located in
"/vignette/APPS/COM/Firsco/DigitalLibrary" which has been included in the
CLASSPATH variable..
The environment CLASSPATH variable also includes this library.

I hope this information is enough..Please advise what I could be doing
wrong.

Thanks,
-Manasi.