Hello,

> Is there a way to get tclblend to start the JVM with the -prof option, so I
> can see a breakdown of where my code is spending time?  Ideally I'd really
> like to know where I'm spending time, across both Tcl and Java, but just
> being able to get the Java profiling would help.

In the docs/TclJava directory of the TclJava source tree I found a page called
JavaPackage.html, which contains the following paragraph:

> When a JDK 1.2 JVM is created by Tcl Blend, the global variable tclblend_init
> is read and passed to the Java Virtual Machine. Example values include:
>    -Djava.compiler=NONE
>        disable Just In Time Compiler
>    -Djava.library.path=c:\jdk\lib\tools.jar
>        set native library path on a Windows system
>    -verbose:jni
>        print debugging messages

This should do the trick: Just set tclblend_init to -prof before loading TclBlend:
  set tclblend_init -glob
  package require java

BTW: My java (1.2.2 on Linux) doesn't tell me anything about a -prof option as
java 1.1.8 indeed does. But there is a -Xrunhprof option which should work...

Hth, Krischan
--
Christian Krone, SQL Datenbanksysteme GmbH
Mail mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]