Hi Jeff,

I did find the img::window which has pushed me further down the road. But, it
leads me to some questions about trying to write a PNG or JPEG file of a
canvas. When I do the writing, it seems that it can take 10 seconds or longer
to complete and then there is only a partial drawing in the PNG file. So, here
is the small code fragment I am trying...

my $img = Tkx::image_create_photo(-data => $mycanvas, -format => 'window');
$img =  Tkx::widget->new($img);
$img->write ($filename, -format => 'JPEG');

... again it works so to speak.

How do I get the entire visble canvas into the PNG? Or for that matter, how
would I get the entire canvas, visible objects and not visible in the window,
written to the PNG file? Any way to speed things up? I would like to not have
to resort to IMAGEMAGICK and GHOSTSCRIPT if possible.

I did try the postscript method of the canvas and that worked, but I had to use
IMAGEMAGICK and GHOSTSCRIPT externally to convert to a PNG and that worked
fine. However, PERLMAGICK has some issue with MSVCR90.DLL so I cannot try the
conversion in line.

Any thoughts, pointers, ideas, suggestions, enlightenments would be appreciated.

thanks gaian,

gary