On 4/3/13 7:02 AM, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** wrote:
sub handle_connection {
      my ($client) = shift;
      my $message = Tkx::gets($client);
      if ( !Tkx::eof($client) ) {
          $message =~ s/[\r\n]+$//;
          $log->insert( 'end', "$message\n" );
      }
      else {
          print "connection closed\n";
          $log->insert( 'end', "connection closed\n" );
          eval {Tkx::close($client);}; ## this was incorrect - $client->close();
      }
      $log->see('end');
}

Indeed--this works better. Thank you.

This is also the solution to my earlier discussion, a month or so ago, about using XMLRPC as a form of IPC between Tkx and other apps. Turns out that the canonical Tcl socket approach, exposed from Perl, is not only simpler but optimal. What a nice discovery.

Now, as soon as I get an Apple Event dispatching mechanism working via SWIG, I think I'll be good to go in developing a Perl-Tkx app for the Mac that is commercial quality...

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin