Hi,

On 4/17/13 8:43 PM, Jeff Hobbs wrote:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Kevin Walzer <k...@codebykevin.com> wrote:
On 4/16/13 11:01 PM, Jeff Hobbs wrote:

Can you force a rebuild anyway?  I wonder if something in the Tcl.xs
underlying library has the 8.5.12 embedded that is causing the
conflict.

Just as a refresher, I am back to wrangling with Tkx breaking after a minor version upgrade of my Tcl installation (from 8.5.12 to 8.5.13). The behavior is similar to trying to load a Tcl package with the "-exact" flag: i.e. package require -exact 1.0.3.

Is there anywhere I can file a bug on this? I have dug into the muck of my Perl installation looking for a hard-coded version string '8.5.12,' and I can't find this anywhere. The only place I can think it might be is in the compiled C module that links Perl to Tcl.

Rebuilding isn't really an option as my hope is to deploy a standalone app that can link to any 8.5.x of Tcl, which is installed by default on recent versions of the Mac OS. That shouldn't be a tall order; Python's Tkinter module handles this gracefully.

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer