Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a way for using high-DPI appearance on Windows that I found,
in case anyone was interested. I have posted it to
https://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=11101747

Before calling MainWindow->new in Tk, use Win32::API to invoke
SetProcessDPIAware():

if ($^O eq 'MSWin32') {
   use Win32::API;
   # See
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setprocessdpiaware
   my $SetProcessDPIAware = Win32::API::More->new('User32', 'BOOL
SetProcessDPIAware()');
   $SetProcessDPIAware->Call() or warn 'Failed to set process DPI awareness';
}

This isn't the approach Microsoft recommends (they suggest using an application
manifest instead), but this seems to be an easy enough approach for standalone
scripts.

Recent Tcl/Tk will enable high-DPI by default for scripts run using tclsh/wish,
but not the Tcl C API. I'm not sure this behavior should be the default in
Tcl::pTk, for compatibility (i.e. since Perl/Tk does not enable high-DPI) and
because certain elements like images will not be resized automatically.

Maybe Tcl::Tk would be more in favor of having this behavior by default (for
consistency with Tcl/Tk), but it might require XS or dependency on another
module like Win32::API.

Christopher A. Chavez