On Dec 16, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Paul Thomas wrote:

The configure script reports:

checking ifaddrs.h usability... yes
checking ifaddrs.h presence... no
checking for ifaddrs.h... no

What can I do about this? (The file does not exist.)

Ask QNX; at least according to this page:

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/momentics_nc_docs/neutrino/lib_ref/ g/getifaddrs.html

"getifaddrs()" behaves like the "getifaddrs()" on some UN*Xes, and requires that you include <ifaddrs.h>, so presumably, at least in Neutrino, it exists.

Now, that's Neutrino, not QNX4, and the page at

        http://www.qnx.com/developers/qnx4/index.html

indicates that Neutrino is later than QNX4, so perhaps that documentation doesn't apply.

Perhaps you have to install some package to get the <ifaddrs.h> include file.

Note that libpcap includes no explicit QNX support. If somebody has QNX support, it would be Greatly Appreciated Indeed if they'd contribute it, so that we can make it part of the distribution, and make any changes to it that are required by libpcap changes....

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.