On Dec 16, 2004, at 3:40 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

There is a wcc option, "-we" (treat all warnings as errors) described as
follows.

"By default, the compiler continues to create an object file when there are
warnings produced. This option can be used to treat all warnings as errors,
thereby preventing the compiler from creating an object file if there are
warnings found within a module."

'cc' provides for "-f{option}" which allows us to pass -f option to wcc.

So, "cc -f we" should do the trick?

Unfortunately, it'll turn *all* warnings into errors; the only warnings I want turned into errors are the warnings for undefined references, as there might be other warnings that are harmless *and* difficult if not impossible to eliminate in a configure script.

That's probably a warning from the linker - i.e., it's presumably produced after the object files have been created. Is there an option to get the linker to fail with undefined refeerences?

And is the linker part of the Watcom C compiler?

Also, if there is a way of getting the linker to fail with undefined references, so that we could, in theory, have the configure script use an option to make it do so:

What compilers are used with QNX? There's probably a GCC port; is there any significant non-GCC compiler other than Watcom?

Is there a

        host_os=???

line in the config.log file, and what's the ??? value? I.e., what does "host_os" get set to on QNX?

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.