Hey guys,

I'm trying to code a lightweight sniffer that picks up individual UDP packets
off the wire from a switch, from the broadcast IP.  I'm compiling some code
from

http://www.cet.nau.edu/~mc8/Socket/Tutorials/section2.html

(but I'm running into the same problem with the rest of the samples)

The problem arises when I set up the sniffer to pick up packets from the
broadcast address.  I'm writing 55 byte sized UDP packets and it won't
recogzine that a single packet has come down the wire until I write 373
of these packets.   (Quick math -->  373*55bytes=20515 bytes and
20515/1024=20.03k, and 372*55 bytes = 20460, and 20460/1024=19.98k)

When I examine packets in ethereal, I can see individual packets, regardless
of how many I send.  I'm running on FreeBSD-current, and I've tried several
versions of libpcap (including the newest), all with the same problem.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Sam
-