hi,
  I am looking for timestamp provided by pcap header and later used by
tcpdump.
Seems like some of wireless drivers do not provide the mac tsf timestamp.
I can't figure out the timestamp meaning in pcap.
Its surely not the time when packet arrived at the driver (referring to
tsft).

Looking at old pcap (not using mmap), it seems this is got by ioctl system,
which is a deprecated mechanism ( I suppose) and not many drivers provide
ioctl implementation.
On the other hand, I don't have any idea how the mmap code is getting the
packet timestamp !
Can someone throw light on this ?
The ioctl could be traced to another function call on struct sock *, but I
have not been able to comprehend the meaning of the timestamp provided.
Please clarify.
-Abhinav Narain