On Jan 9, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Guy Harris <g...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2013, at 1:29 PM, Derek Cole <derek.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am not sure whether that is a worthwhile check-in to make for pcap or not.
>
> I'd rather fix valgrind.  I'll see if I can beat it into working on Mountain
> Lion,

Well, the top-of-trunk SVN builds on Mountain Lion (with some warnings - I
filed a bug and submitted a patch for some of them), and, at least, runs
tcpdump without problems, at least before it sees traffic.

It reported errors on a bunch of ioctls...

> and contribute wrappers for Darwin;

...and I made some fixes to the Darwin ioctl wrapper code and made all the
warnings go away.

> as noted, those wrappers should also either Just Work, or work with some
> changes, on various *BSDs.

I'll look at porting those changes to FreeBSD and submitting them to the
FreeBSD port maintainers.  (Their Mercurial repository may be based on a
released version of valgrind rather than on the top-of-trunk; hopefully that
won't cause too many problems.)