> On 7 Jun 2017, at 17:32, Guy Harris <g...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> On Jun 6, 2017, at 8:51 PM, Daniel O'Connor
> <Daniel.O'con...@schneider-electric.com> wrote:
>> I work for Clipsal (part of Schneider Electric) and have been developing a
>> capture program and dissector for the C-Bus protocol -
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-Bus_(protocol)
>>
>> Can we get a link layer header type assigned for this?
>
> Yes, if we can get a specification for what the packets look like. :-)

There's the rub the format is internal :(

> Where is the format of the packets that would appear with this link-layer
> header type documented?

It is mostly documented at
http://training.clipsal.com/downloads/OpenCBus/Serial%20Interface%20User%20Guide.pdf

Although the format is slightly different (hence the internal stuff).

If that's not acceptable then I can keep using user DLTs easily enough - I
wasn't sure what the rules were.

--
Daniel O'Connor                   Senior Firmware Developer
Smart Devices Asia Pacific        M  0403070726