Hello all,

In my attempt to get this pull request toward completion, I intend to rebase
the branch’s commit history to one concise commit. Before I do so, however, I
would like to elicit some suggestions (if any) regarding my proposed long
options.

There are currently two main features to this PR: a masking of external IP
addresses to some mask IP, and TCP/UDP payload sanitization in IPv4. Calling
the former currently looks like [ --external-mask|-* mask_ip ] but I am
currently planning to remove the -* short opt and change the long one to
--mask-external-address. As for the latter feature, the packet sanitization
works by using -0 to zero out the payload, and -00 to remove it completely. I’m
planning to change this to --zero-tcpudp-payload and --no-tcpudp-payload,
respectively. (The result will be that none of these features will be using a
short opt.) Are there any objections and suggestions to these names?

Additionally, I know that there’s a lot of work being done to fix CVE issues. I
was wondering if/how I could be of help in that effort.

Thanks! And thanks to the maintainers for their guidance thus far.

Alice

---
🙋 al...@cyberreboot.org<mailto:al...@cyberreboot.org>
👾 Cyber Reboot Software Engineer @ In-Q-Tel

"This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, may contain information that is
privileged, proprietary, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under law
and are intended only for the designated addressee(s). If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, or a person authorized to receive it on
behalf of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not
use, disseminate, copy in any form, or take any action based upon the email or
information contained therein. If you have received this email in error, please
permanently and immediately delete it and any copies of it, including any
attachments, and promptly notify the sender at In-Q-Tel by reply e-mail, fax:
703-248-3001, or phone: 703-248-3000. Thank you for your cooperation."