чт, 23 авг. 2018 г. в 6:11, Guy Harris <ghar...@sonic.net>:

> On Aug 22, 2018, at 1:57 AM, Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.korni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Current OpenVizsla data encapsulation format is described here:
> > https://github.com/matwey/libopenvizsla/wiki/OpenVizsla-protocol-description
>
> Why are:
>
>         the magic header;
>
>         the size field;
>
> needed?

Hi,

Answering your questions and Michael question, the url describes the
data coming from the hardware as is. Its format is defined by the
people developing FPGA firmware, that is currently not quite active:
https://github.com/openvizsla/ov_ftdi/tree/master/software/fpga So it
is unlikely that the format will change dramatically, but I just would
like to follow initial format as close as possible.

However, I agree that we can just use the following simple
representation for pcap:

struct {
  uint32_t timestamp;
  uint16_t flags;
  uint8_t usb_packet[];
};

OpenVizsla supports only USB 2.0: low, full and high speed.

--
With best regards,
Matwey V. Kornilov