--- Begin Message ---
On Jan 3, 2021, at 12:15 PM, Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers
<tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org> wrote:

> tcpdump source tree has a short file named "Readme.Win32", which was
> mostly updated on 8 Aug 2019, and a longer file named
> "doc/README.Win32.md", which was mostly updated on 5 Feb 2020. These
> seem to provide somewhat different instructions, perhaps it would be a
> good time to review that.

They're both reasonably up-to-date (they both mention Npcap and the use of
CMake), but the latter is more detailed.

I'll check whether the first document says anything that's not mentioned in the
second, and try to merge that into the second one.  Then we can probably get
rid of the first one.

The top level README.md should probably point to doc/README.Win32.md (or
README.Windows.md, given that 1) Windows can also be 64-bit and 2) 16-bit
Windows is pretty much dead, so people are unlikely to get confused and say
"OK, how do I build this 16-bit?", the answer to which is "we don't even
support that on UN*X...".

--- End Message ---