--- Begin Message ---
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 16:18:10 +0000
Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org>
wrote:

[...]
> The Travis CI subscription will cease in early March (unless there is
> a sponsor willing to pay 82.80 USD per month). At this time the
> impact of that would be the following:
>
> * Linux on arm64
> * Linux on ppc64le
> * Linux on s390x
>
> To me keeping these does not seem to be as important as other ongoing
> work, but if I have enough spare time later, I might try rigging up a
> standalone arm64 CI instance, just to learn one more aspect about it
> in the process.

Hello list.

The Travis CI account is off the paid plan starting today. Since it
happens to have 10000 credits again, I have left it on hold to allow
future pre-release testing of s390x and ppc64le.

A partial replacement for that service is ci.tcpdump.org, which is a
buildbot instance doing Linux AArch64 builds for the github.com
repositories. It works, although there remains some space for
improvement:

* Some commits sometimes schedule two builds instead of one for no
  obvious reason.
* The commit status updates show my user account as the source. I had
  tried to make them come from an application account, but without
  success yet.
* There are no e-mail notifications yet.
* The buildbot worker is a bit slow, so a tcpdump build matrix run takes
  well over an hour to complete.

These imperfections will be addressed one by one later as time permits.

--
    Denis Ovsienko

--- End Message ---