I noticed that when tcpdumping a DHCP request for option number 160 that
this showed up as "T-96" (where 256-96=160). It looks like the problem is
that the signed char variable "c" is not large enough to hold the value
160, so it overflows to -96. I also see in that function that a 16-bit
quantity is read into "c":

    c = EXTRACT_16BITS(bp);

This also seems like another good way to lose.

I think changing "c" to be an int instead of a signed char would fix these
issues, but i don't have time to test this change extensively, so i
thought i'd point this out in case anyone else has time.

cheers,
neal

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe