On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:06:46PM -0400, Andrew Mann wrote:
>          Possibly a stab in the dark, but is it a 10/100 hub, and is one
> machine using a 10 mbit card (or negotiating down to 10mbit for some
> reason) and the other using 100 mbit?  My experience with every 10/100 hub
> I've ever used has been that traffic is actually switched between the 10
> mbit and 100 mbit "layers".

I thought of that, but checked the Netgear site; the hub he mentioned in
an earlier message, at least, appeared to be a 10Mb-only hub.

Perhaps this hub is different and is a 10/100 hub; the Ethereal FAQ does
list 10/100 hubs as another source of problems when sniffing.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=unsubscribe