Just FYI: How Does Team Discourse use Discourse?
<https://blog.discourse.org/2018/03/how-does-team-discourse-use-discourse/>

*When I first joined the Discourse team I found this way of working
unusual. I was used to Trello, Google Docs, Basecamp, Zendesk, Todoist and
Slack. Most organisations I have worked in have tried multiple permutations
of every conceivable version the above. It took less than a week to rejoice
in how unencumbered I felt to be rid of all those systems. I felt as
righteous as I do after an epic spring cleaning session.*

Some bits in that blog posts are unsurprising coming from a Discourse
developer. I agree with many points made there but not all of them (using
discourse for documentation, I think they are stretching too much there).

The detail that caught me by surprise was that they are using Discourse
also as a ticketing system for private emails sent to an info email
address.

If you are curious about Discourse in the context of Wikimedia today, see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Discourse &
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Discourse
--
Quim Gil