Le 10/09/2017 à 19:50, Joerg Sonnenberger a écrit :
On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 07:17:51PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
That's true, but changing this also has quite a significant downside on
some workloads for second order effects. I don't think it is a good idea
to change this right now, as it doesn't even fix the real problem.

Just to quantify this part, for a current release build on tmpfs, I see:

After:
4267
4280
4261
4247
4300

Before:
3915
3951
3991
3961
3968

That's the cacheline alignment on the uvm locks, right? In that case, what do
you think are the "second order effects"?

Maxime