On Tue, 13 Feb 2018, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

Hello,
Is there any reason good reason why we should not opt for
DDB_COMMANDONENTER="bt" by default across the board??
We have it set or a variation of, on some ports (amd64, some evbarm and
evbmips configs, i386, macppc). Would be useful to have it there by
default, especially on the slower ports which require a little more time
to get going. Cuts out one it
Happy to make the change to the configs.

Probably not needed. If you just set ddb.onpanic to 2 it should cause a stack trace to be printed before prompting for a command.

See ddb(4) man page...

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |