> $ ioctldecode 2148554498
> _IOW('W',0x2,0x10)

> $ ioctlname 2148554498
> WSKBDIO_COMPLEXBELL

Where would you get the mapping between the ioctl value and the name?
Would this be just a huge switch statement (or compiled-in table), or
would it search /usr/include/sys at runtime, or what?

In particular, would any special action need to be taken upon adding a
new ioctl for it to be recognized?

What about collisions, two ioctls having the same numeric value?  (I'm
not aware of any offhand, but I'd be astonished if it never happened.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mo...@rodents-montreal.org