On 29/04/2021 20:34, Christos Zoulas wrote:
Some ext4 features were implemented as part of GSoC 2016 (extents, htrees).
I am sure that there are other unimplemented features. What are you looking
for?

christos

I'd like to have full ext4 support so an ext4-formatted disk could be used to exchange data between Linux and NetBSD, for instance.

If some features have already been implemented, I guess it has been decided to put them in /usr/src/sys/ufs/ext2fs and to keep that name.
So now, I know where to start. :)

There is also the question of the specifications: for now, I just have the Linux kernel sources and the wiki (https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/). I'm not aware of a more formal specification, but if one exists it would help avoid the risk of being too influenced by GPL'd source code.

Thanks