> On Oct 29, 2021, at 7:54 AM, Jason Thorpe <thor...@me.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 29, 2021, at 2:45 AM, Martin Husemann <mar...@duskware.de> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 11:14:39AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>>> We really just need to kill the sigcontext stuff completely.  More to the
>>> point, we should version sigaction() before (or concurrently with) adding
>>> whatever call we add here so as to ensure that it will only ever be a
>>> ucontext.
>>
>> Something there is broken in -current, see PR 56471 (freshly compiled macppc
>> ntpd tries to use compat_16___sigreturn14).
>
> Yes, and from your description it should have failed to register a
> “sigcontext” handler in the first place.

Martin, is kern.module.autoload enabled on your machine?  (Sorry, my Mac mini
is in a state of “has been turned off for a while”, so I need to resurrect it
today, so asking for info here to get the investigation going…)

The PowerPC signal trampoline also has a case where it can return EINVAL
because it thinks the saved SRR1 has been tampered with.  I’m wondering if
somehow the old sigcontext trampoline is getting invoked for a siginfo-style
handler.

-- thorpej