Riza Dindir writes:
> Hello All,
>
> Finally... I was able to enable and use my Kaveri device
> (0x1002/0x1309), at the end. It is using the external monitor and is
> using the correct 1440x900 resolution. This is very nice.
>
> There is one thing that I would like to ask.
>
> There is a "CONFIG_ACPI" definition that is being used in the
> radeon_bios file. I looked for this definition in the sources and
> found that "sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/i915/i915_drv.h" has this
> definition (that is the only place).
>
> I wanted to copy or do something similar in the radeon driver. But I
> was not sure. Then I checked at runtime definitions CONFIG_ACPI and
> NACPICA (as used in the i915 driver). The NACPICA has a value and is >
> 0. And CONFIG_ACPI is not defined, as seen below.
>
>       [    10.911949] kern info: [drm] CONFIG_ACPI not set
>       [    10.920577] kern info: [drm] NACPICA > 0
>
> Do you have any ideas on why CONFIG_ACPI is not defined in radeon?
> (Maybe this is not the correct place to ask this question).

the ACPI code in the drm code base requires porting to netbsd,
for both the radeon and the nouveau drivers.  it's been a while
since i was looking at it (i had nouveau compiling at some
point).  ie, it's not enabled because it doesn't compile there,
it is only enabled on i915 because it does there.

> If I were to submit patches, how can I submit these, where?

sending patches to this list is good.

(there's also tech-x11@ but this stuff is relevant for the
console and other operations that don't need X, and is about
the kernel side..)

thanks.

.mrg.