Date:        Sun, 24 Dec 2023 13:49:53 +0100
    From:        Johnny Billquist <b...@softjar.se>

  | In my opinion, all of these POSIX calls that take a time argument should
  | really have been done the same as clock_gettime(), in that you specify
  | what clock it should be based on.

The next version of POSIX will contain pthread_cond_clockwait() which is
just like pthread_cond_timedwait() but has a clock_id parameter.

  | As it is now, it is (or should be according to POSIX) unconditionally
  | CLOCK_REALTIME.

Not sure about the current released standard, and too lazy to look ...
but in the coming one that's not true either:

        The pthread_cond_timedwait() function shall be equivalent to
        pthread_cond_clockwait(), except that it lacks the clock_id argument.
        The clock to measure abstime against shall instead come from the
        condition variable's clock attribute which can be set by
        pthread_condattr_setclock() prior to the condition variable's
        creation. If no clock attribute has been set, the default shall be
        CLOCK_REALTIME.

kre