On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 04:20:28PM +0200, cristian dragoi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Cristian-Theodor Dr?goi, and I am currently in my final year at
> the Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers, University POLITEHNICA of
> Bucharest. Alongside my studies, I have been working as a part-time
> software engineer for the past five months.
>
> I am writing to express my interest in the "Inetd Enhancements" project for
> GSOC 2024. My  interest in systems engineering and a desire to broaden my
> knowledge in this area have drawn me to this project. Although I do not
> have experience with programming in NetBSD, I am eager to learn and
> contribute to the project.
>
> Should you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me via
> this email address or refer to the contact information provided in my CV.

I haven't read the Inetd enhancements proposal but, for what is worth,
I have already made significant modifications to NetBSD' inetd(8).
There are published in:

https://github.com/tlaronde/BeSiDe

(it's current NetBSD with incorporation of several modifications made
by me, including inetd(8)---and by side effect, mountd(8) that was
sharing code with inetd(8).)

I dare say that it will be more easy to add features to this version
instead of working with the current one.

But since I'm not directly concerned by the GSoC affair (neither by
NetBSD evolutions---I'm not a NetBSD developer), this is just to give
you a supplementary pointer to existing alternative code.
--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/