On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 10:12:48PM +1000, David Gwynne wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 09:50:34PM +0200, Atte Peltom?ki wrote:
> > Link state change interrupt was not generated due to a missing bit in
> > the MAC event register. This fixes at least carp and ifstated for 5709
> > chip (eg. in Dell R610).
>
> i have verified this on the 5709. i dont have a box with older
> versions of bnx in it to test on them though. have you been able
> to try this on a 2950 or r200?

Unfortunately not, these R610 are only OpenBSD boxes we have so far.
However, judging from both the Broadcom tech docs for opensource
developers and their own linux driver source, this patch is needed for
all chips using the bnx(4) driver.

Since carp and ifstated use routing socket to determine link status, it
is possible that they work without this patch if something else updates
the socket. For example with 5709, using ifconfig that talks via ioctl
interface in the driver that polls link status from MII. On the same go
the routing socket status is updated and this is when carp and ifstated
notice it, too.

--
Atte Peltomdki
     atte.peltom...@iki.fi <> http://kameli.org